Clarify details and sign up for an MRI study by phone!
Time of study: about 40 minutes, with a contrast of 60 minutes.
Preparing for the study: no.
Restrictions: weight up to 155 kg, maximum volume up to 140 cm.
Time to prepare a medical report: 30-60 minutes.
If you feel clicks in the neck, do not sleep well, headache in the back of the head, there is a noise in the ears or dizziness when turning the head to the side – it is necessary to consult a specialized physician (neurologist) for advice and further recommendations on treatment. Treatment is usually preceded by a neck diagnostic, which is performed on an MRI of the cervical spine.
Advantages of a Cervical Spine MRI
In order to identify the causes of the painful symptomatology, a whole range of examinations should be carried out, as mild ailments can be a sign of a serious, neglected disease.
Diagnosis of the neck is not only done on an MRI. Diseases of the cervical spine are also recognized by other instruments:
Methods of research Specificity
Radiography and X-ray with functional samples (in different projections) Characterizes bone structures of vertebrae
Ultrasound (Ultrasound) Allows only the basic elements of the cervical spine to be considered
Computed Tomography (CT) Detects bone changes in the neck (displacement, fractures)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) The most meaningful and meaningful diagnosis of cervical lesions
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Used to determine abnormal foci of lesions in the neck vertebrae.
In addition to instrumental methods conduct laboratory tests: general blood and urine analysis, autoimmune markers, which indicate inflammatory changes in the body.
However, in neck screening doctors prescribe magnetic resonance imaging, MRI of the neck, cervical spine, this method:
- Shows that there are changes in the spine, intervertebral joints, the body of the vertebrae, in the ligament system of the spine, the relationship between the spinal cord and vertebrae, intervertebral roots and spinal column;
- Allows to determine the structure of both soft and hard tissue in the neck, its damage in the initial period;
- Magnetic resonance imaging, MRI of the neck reveals at the earliest stages of cancer, degenerative, autoimmune or infectious damage.
What does an MRI of the neck
Private mri calgary. The most common diseases that can be seen on an MRI scan of the cervical spine:
- Degenerative diseases caused by life style: osteochondrosis, destruction of intervertebral discs with the formation of hernias and protrusions, foliage (displacement of the vertebrae relative to each other), lesions of the intervertebral joints;
Autoimmune lesions of the neck joints: Bekhterev’s disease, systemic autoimmune arthroses;
Infectious diseases: tuberculosis of vertebrae, various post-traumatic infectious lesions;
- Metastatic oncological diseases.